base drama

DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Re: base drama

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

Trust me when i say, using cod as a reference is a bad idea. I have a guy in my cod clan that works for aim junkies, and always has the latest beta hacks. I've personally played many games with this guys, with his aimbot on, or even just his esp (cod hm), and it's crazy deadly. This guy tops leader boards every game with ease, and I know he esp hacks every game we play at the very least. Yea cod has a few systems that let you see players through walls sometimes, or a sensor (like in tribes), that will give you vision of the enemy on your radar in a certain distance. Of course there's always the global sensor too (uav, and orbital vsat) that lets you see players anyone on the map with radar. These are part of the game yes, but they're not the huge issue with cod on pc. The huge issue is perma esp (cod's version of hm). Esp hacks are so OP in cod, that with just esp hacks alone a player would double his k/d ratio. That's not even trowing in the other features of a cod hack, which are way more sophisticated than anything tribes has. Aimbot of course is another huge problem that is seen in cod sometimes. Then there's the speed hack. A player could also use the no recoil hack, giving him bad ass accuracy. There's the no clip hack, which allows him to walk through walls. You could of course edit your jump height, run speed, reload time, and much more as well. Point being, using cod as an example is a bad idea, as they have problems of their own.

here goes a small video of the game before last for cod, and show casing just a few things a cod hack can do. Added a video of latest cod hacks too.
Faggots like you ruin new games. You might say, "If you hate Modders/ Exploiters why look up videos of them do what they do?" My answer to this is so i can get your gamer tag and post it on the forums with a link to the video as proof. Have fun with no more shit to screw up!
One of the comments in the aw hack video. made me lol.

I didn't read all your posts wise, but I don't have to, to know what you're trying to say. Turn anni into VX (basicly, or in some sense), and openly allow HM so that all players have a fair advantage. Worst idea ever... That's the only option btw, because none of them features that cod has could be implemented in tribes, so you can't pick or choose what features / hacks to enable. There is only one publicly released hack, and it's Happy Mod / Flag. To turn it into a "fair" playing field everyone would have to download happy mod / flag and install it. Which right there would be a problem, as MANY members in the community would refuse to do it. Even if the server gave an open hm policy, I'm a 100% sure there would be people who would absolutely refuse to install happy mod. Not to mention the second problem, it would kill tribes. I know my skill would double or triple with HM enabled, but this wouldn't be the case for everyone though.

Hm is a virus, and very easy to kill if need be. I honestly have never had a problem with it, because I always make sure the best players in the server are not using it. I'm sure there might be a few noobies that crank it on to have that unfair advantage. To me though, them people are still just flys I can swat with my left nut. Maybe to other lesser skilled players it might be a problem. I've said this many times, but someone tell me one player who just wrecks shit in the server, and is crazy unstoppable with HM. I know some have pointed at kal-el, and to me his skill level is only decent, but either way that is one bug that will be squashed. More than likely he will quit the game after we fix his problem anyways.

CLIFS: Hm is not a problem currently on the server. If it's a problem to you then that means you need to improve your skill. At some point the server will upgrade to be rid of HM virus.

PS: Thanks for the get well wishes!! Should have results in soon so I can know what's going on with me.
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

I like your approach to this matter crow...

Sent from my B1-730 using Tapatalk
And yes erow 1.241 allows netset :)
Image <--Click here to subscribe to S_hift's youtube
Click here for full access to all my tribes downloads
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

1.41 does also.
Wise Man

Post by Wise Man »

DaJ4ck3L wrote:Trust me when i say, using cod as a reference is a bad idea. I have a guy in my cod clan that works for aim junkies, and always has the latest beta hacks. I've personally played many games with this guys, with his aimbot on, or even just his esp (cod hm), and it's crazy deadly. This guy tops leader boards every game with ease, and I know he esp hacks every game we play at the very least. Yea cod has a few systems that let you see players through walls sometimes, or a sensor (like in tribes), that will give you vision of the enemy on your radar in a certain distance. Of course there's always the global sensor too (uav, and orbital vsat) that lets you see players anyone on the map with radar. These are part of the game yes, but they're not the huge issue with cod on pc. The huge issue is perma esp (cod's version of hm). Esp hacks are so OP in cod, that with just esp hacks alone a player would double his k/d ratio. That's not even trowing in the other features of a cod hack, which are way more sophisticated than anything tribes has. Aimbot of course is another huge problem that is seen in cod sometimes. Then there's the speed hack. A player could also use the no recoil hack, giving him bad ass accuracy. There's the no clip hack, which allows him to walk through walls. You could of course edit your jump height, run speed, reload time, and much more as well. Point being, using cod as an example is a bad idea, as they have problems of their own.
Tribes shows commonalities with many FPS games, and accurate analogies may be drawn between Tribes. The reason I bring up CoD is kind of arbitrary here. The truth of the matter is that "every" FPS game has cheats, and you CANT talk about ANY of them under your logic here Crow. :bat: ....That's like saying you can't compare apples to other apples because they all have different colors.

Faggots like you ruin new games. You might say, "If you hate Modders/ Exploiters why look up videos of them do what they do?" My answer to this is so i can get your gamer tag and post it on the forums with a link to the video as proof. Have fun with no more shit to screw up!

One of the comments in the aw hack video. made me lol.
^^ Lol.

I didn't read all your posts wise, but I don't have to, to know what you're trying to say. Turn anni into VX (basicly, or in some sense), and openly allow HM so that all players have a fair advantage. Worst idea ever... That's the only option btw, because none of them features that cod has could be implemented in tribes, so you can't pick or choose what features / hacks to enable.
This is where I :hbeat: because truth-be-told, it's not possible to turn Anni into VX; however, that wasn't the crux of my arguments. (If you'd have read them all, you'd know that. :trolol: ) On the other hand, Crow, you post a valid point here.

The reality is that none of the other balancing features of CoD (to counteract the other HM/hudbot-like things that come in the game of CoD) CANNOT be implemented in Tribes economically. (To say we cannot code things into tribes like a kill-cam would be silly because we're all talented enough, but it's not easy to do it for free.)

On the note of the kill-cam, what's stopping us from having that in Tribes? It seems like everyone watching everyone for HM would be more effective than just admins hogging up server bandwidth in observer and trying to watch people.
There is only one publicly released hack, and it's Happy Mod / Flag. To turn it into a "fair" playing field everyone would have to download happy mod / flag and install it.
This could be remedied by supplying it in the download with the next update release.
Which right there would be a problem, as MANY members in the community would refuse to do it. Even if the server gave an open hm policy, I'm a 100% sure there would be people who would absolutely refuse to install happy mod. Not to mention the second problem, it would kill tribes.
1. Considering the great deal of emotional involvement over this matter, it's not surprising that many people would be opposed to installing this. Unfortunately, I have to admit that there are definitely people who would not install it because of how their emotions about T1+HM. This brings me to subpoint 2...
2. This asymmetrical distribution of people in the community having the HM infused clients is our current issue already. Therefore, allowing a HM infused client would not solve our problems. Allowing a server-side HM for players helps alleviate some of the bruisings of the cheat, only. It would not "fix" HMers or the current community issues between HMers and Non-HMers.
I know my skill would double or triple with HM enabled, but this wouldn't be the case for everyone though.

Hm is a virus, and very easy to kill if need be. I honestly have never had a problem with it, because I always make sure the best players in the server are not using it. I'm sure there might be a few noobies that crank it on to have that unfair advantage. To me though, them people are still just flys I can swat with my left nut. Maybe to other lesser skilled players it might be a problem. I've said this many times, but someone tell me one player who just wrecks shit in the server, and is crazy unstoppable with HM. I know some have pointed at kal-el, and to me his skill level is only decent, but either way that is one bug that will be squashed. More than likely he will quit the game after we fix his problem anyways.
For me, personally, and I've heard others say this, HM can be quite confusing and dizzying at times. This just goes to prove my point that it's not HM that is the evil, it's the players that use it. HM inadvertently improves player's abilities to neutralize the threats by increasing visibility to the threats. Simply put, that's all HM does.
CLIFS: Hm is not a problem currently on the server. If it's a problem to you then that means you need to improve your skill. At some point the server will upgrade to be rid of HM virus.
Crow alludes to the same point I made in a previous post, though... So I'll re-iterate it:

1. If you're a veteran then you have to understand that playing like a noob is not well-received.
2. If you're a noob, then you have to understand that you have the same potential as the vets do if you're willing to train and learn as a player.

-----------------

In any case, it looks like the "serverside HM solution" isn't the perfect one. It's obvious. The more obvious fact is that what we currently have is shittier :nup: . That being said, thank you for posting your thoughts on the matters guys.

Shift brought up an interesting solution that I think warrants more attention. Point rewards are the primary driving factor HM users. After all, "If I win more, I'm awesome. HM makes me feel awesome. :banger: " ... Neuter the psychological drive to use HM, then you might neuter HM. ... Shift, your idea for point penalties based on the tribes client is definitely worth looking into, and frankly, I feel it would be MORE EFFECTIVE (but not perfect either) at deterring HM use in the game than my solution. :ttup: :gfive:
justR

Post by justR »

DaJ4ck3L wrote:I've said this many times, but someone tell me one player who just wrecks shit in the server, and is crazy unstoppable with HM
MeepImaSheep when he played was up there

I just hate not knowing for sure if certain skilled players are using hm or not...you brought up the pre-leading point and how it's obvious and hm users can't hide it, well there has to be some advantage to toggling it on and off to always know player locations without the dead giveaway of pre-leading right, it would basically be the same benefit as the radar hud across the entire map [which imo is a large benefit to a snipefest mod]

So that's my point, I have always had a list of suspects and hate not knowing for sure

couple side notes:

-didn't like your idea Wise, but its still more of a 'fair' option than what is going on at the moment

- idk where you get your timeline Shift but in the last year Ero, Beavis, and Sapo have all kicked players for hm, and I'm sure I'm missing some (not even counting myself and the people I've kicked when I've ninja'ed admin)

- people care about stats and points? You think penalizing people's stats/points will make them not want to hm? did I read that right?
DaRk

Post by DaRk »

Wow. Where and when is your next book signing Wise? On another note, I don't agree with your ideas.

Good to see that Crow (and S_hift) do not support the idea of open HM as neither do I. The point solution S_hift brings up will not work as its hit or miss if anyone will care. I find the stats neat, but I would play Tribes regardless of them. I'm all for a solution, but I have seen none here.

I HM'd once on that 1.11 config I made, a couple days before Christmas, just to get an idea of what it would be like. It was like swatting flies. A total unfair advantage to all involved. I would hate the sever to turn into this. I remember when URVX transitioned to HM. I owned almost everyone in that mod at one time. The people I used to own miraculously were at my skill level, and vets who were on par were owning me. That's when I learned the community had transitioned to HM. I had to transition myself over to HM to keep up. I honestly never liked it. Of course the mods are not the same, but the end results are the same.
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

Well here's the thing. How often do you find someone using HM actually going for the objectives. All they see r triangles and their score. Penalize the score and they will have no reason to HM.

S_hift

Post by S_hift »

In other word make work twice as hard for their points and they will shape up or ship out.

DaRk

Post by DaRk »

I'll restate. You assume that all these players are one dimensional and all have a 'points matter' mindset. Second, they could have their own kill counter in their config. These are not hard to code or to modify to fit Annihilation. They may not care about server points. This might work for some people, but I sincerely doubt it will have the affect you advertise. I personally don't care about top score or team score (unless scrimmage), I have my own personal goals.
Last edited by DaRk on Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

thats because we're legimiate players, we know what actually matters.

how about this? instead of stat penalty how about a name penalty? Like S-hift stayed in faggots crosshairs for too long. or S_hift was picked affar from nubcake.

also maybe a perma beacon on them as a penalty?

I can tell you from first person experience all they care about is points. I used to be that guy, rarely would I ever cap a flag let alone touch one. All I used to do was camp hills and get points.

points were all that mattered to me when I used hm. Thats all they see are triangles, they have no restraint.