Credits shop

S_hift

Credits shop

Post by S_hift »

I usually get about 300 credits a game. I'd like to spend it on some cool stuff. I know you :crow: said that you wouldn't add it, but I figured if enough people wanted something like that you would be able to give it to them.

- Custom trails? when a player reaches kill streak they create a trail much like that of the broken energy system. the trail could be defined by personal options in the tab menu. or maybe something like this
- Unique Particle beam colors. red (repairadd.bmp) green(targetlaser) blue(trailadd.bmp) purple(warp.bmp) and gold(plasmabolt.bmp)
-custom helms

perks? 3 second spawnshield could be a perk.
+5 units of energy
+5 units of armor

the only people who would be able to use perks would be low ranking players

rank could be counted by how many credits one achieves per game instead of overall kill points. Clicking on a players name shows their rank numbers 1-10 can be spelled out one two three ect. ranks 10+ could just be 10, 11, 12 ect
Image <--Click here to subscribe to S_hift's youtube
Click here for full access to all my tribes downloads
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Re: Credits shop

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

i wish. the reason i couldn't add it is because i was unaware of the data block limit at the time. i actually had put together several different flairs with bob, but when i went to release it, we started noticing issues with the server, such as other things disappearing. tribes can only hold so many data blocks. i forgot the exact number, but anni in its current state is on the tip of that number. for every new item added to the server going forward, means the deletion of an old item.
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

well I mean you removed base cloak what was like 2 data blocks or something? I don't think we'll miss the big crates if you took those away, or the control jammer.

I think its safe to say that jail gun & jail tower wont be missed either. That would probably clear up a lot of blocks and make the mod all the more enjoyable to play.

nova pack could be removed doesn't even do anything worthwhile lol

lets be honest, who actually uses an ammo pack in annihilation?

also disabling arena by default at map start should be added sometime, simply because it randomly loads huge arenas that mess with the CTF structures.
DaRk

Post by DaRk »

Speak for yourself S_hifty. I would miss the jail gun and jail tower (probably not my opponents). We all know I love to have fun with it when I'm bored. Also, I've helped win quiet a few maps using it in a serious manner.
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

why not just remove the jail and keep the jail gun. and who ever gets jailed is sent to arena I mean prison.
DaRk

Post by DaRk »

That's not a punishment. I love to fight in arena.
justR

Post by justR »

you could just code your own personal mod Shift
you know just an idea since you're oblivious to what others may want or like
Fixious

Post by Fixious »

I don't know how that'd work with flag carriers. In my opinion that's when it's most useful. Being sent to the arena could just prolong the stalemate even longer.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

yea ive seen some good plays pulling in the flag carrier to jail.

i take most of what shift says with a grain of salt, or however that saying goes.

sometimes he has good ideas that help the community, but sometimes it's quite the opposite. the only thing id even consider removing from that list is ammo pack. as ammo pack really is useless in a mod like annihilation. it's kill or be killed. no one lives long enough to use that spare ammo lol. not to mention most armors have far better packs to use, even if it is just energy pack with eboost.

also i plan to get rid of the random map code in arena, and just load the default arena on map change. which is something like 12 iblocks (not much at all). kinda testing tonight i changed it to a map in arena with 200+ iblocks, and i noticed it crashed like 4 people in the server. the maps in arena definitely have some effect on players / maps. though that being said, the 4 players that did crash were also all using 1.11 lol, which im sure is also a factor. im going to go through the list and get rid of heavy maps in arena.
Fixious

Post by Fixious »

While you're at it, make sure the arena on CC doesn't get too big or else that silly base collision issue pops up. That's a rather annoying bug.