lemon

Wise Man

Re: lemon

Post by Wise Man »

Since I'm "not technically" an admin, here's what I'm going to say:

It's at this point that administrators need to remove the fork on sight when observing such activity.
They should not give the player a chance to entertain the behavior. They should not entertain the behavior by arguing, or talking, with the player about the behavior. If the players are caught doing it they should be warned once by removing the fork. After the fork has been re-instated to the player after a grace period, the player may be kicked on sight after recording proof of their activities, their obstructions removed (or map reset), and then permanently ban the fork from the player until it's approved upon by the admin board to give that player their fork back. These types of people are adults who are not engaging their adult mind, and maintaining a mindfulness to the other players in the game. As such, they should be handled with discipline, as their behaviors are "more" disruptive to a game than a HMer ever will be.

Frankly, beavis was probably a little more lenient than I would've been. He's a nicer guy I guess? I sure would not have given him the fork back without Crow's approval, at least.
Beavis

Post by Beavis »

Which one? The zombienuts? or Mr. Lunchbox?
znuts was moving other players deployable s after watching this a min or 2 ,I removed his fork then he started lopping nukes inside base with a lot of D set but it was useless D because he only moved it enough to be killed by the first enemy nuke. but I joined that team and welded it and not looking to see they had turrets or not , apparently not because MajorFloater grabbed the flag with no hits. So this guy is a future problem so I say ban on sight.

Now
Mr.Lunchbox
I really think he has a mental disorder. And sometimes a hard one to beat because he brings the game to his level, out of the box. I took his voting away for 3 months and he went right back to doing the same shit wtf? Someone else has removed his fork but the other day I locked his team and leeted him because I knew it was coming, But I removed the leet , he needs to be team locked forever. :jlol:

And I will never return a fork l will let the one Admin that removed it do that!
Last edited by Beavis on Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaRk

Post by DaRk »

The problem resides that the user has a different IP everytime they connect as Crow has stated. They can easily reconnect in a matter of seconds and cause the same issues. We had this large problem with Morgoth. An active admin has to be in game to help handle this constantly. We voted in new admins to help with issues like these. However, most of these are now MIA. STU and Ghost haven't been on for months. STG Rock isn't on but a few hours per week. So IDK.
Beavis

Post by Beavis »

Fixious wrote:Dunno if it was him, but someone did that on Raindance earlier tonight as well.
Not for sure but I hit it with a repair gun and it said.
Snipe those Pigs. which could have been moved, it needs to lock weld on its own in like a few seconds after left alone by that player. but idk.
justR

Post by justR »

honestly most of you besides Crow are pretty timid to use your admin. remember when I'd intentionally troll games by jailing specific people, or everyone on some indoor maps? Should of been an insta-kick, even if it's allowed, it's still 'malicious' and not good for the game.

Dark has a point, Ghost, Stu and Montro are all mia, and brown and rock remain. Although the influx in OZ players (wise, tree, might be more as I'm just starting to play) might of made up for that idk
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

Rolo for admin 2015
Image <--Click here to subscribe to S_hift's youtube
Click here for full access to all my tribes downloads
SGT ROCK

Post by SGT ROCK »

Beavis wrote:And I will never return a fork l will let the one Admin that removed it do that!
I've learned that lesson now, although you were ok with it, he hasn't lived up to what he told me and that's a shame I'd never seen him cause problems before and had fun playing alongside him. But hey... My apologies, it won't happen again.

Also... In the past I haven't paid a lot of attention to game chat, mostly because it's filled with BS ... trash talk, trolls and shit that has nothing to do with the game. Since I've been an admin that's changed, now I'm watching, mostly when I see no other admins are on, I usually defer to them as a matter of seniority. If I see something I start watching and observe but if you see something you need to tell me, message me, let me KNOW ! I don't recall a time when someone actually messaged me and said hey this guy is causing a problem doing whatever...??? I AM willing to help, I will stop playing if I have to, to deal with the malcontents, while you play! I am not going to jump in when another Admin is handling something unless they ask for my help. When I applied for admin I made it clear my play time was more limited than some of the others, I get to play about every other day sometimes every day for a hour or two usually. I'm sorry I'm not there to help more, I'd like to be, maybe I'd get some more playtime too but that's just the way it is.

BUT... I have not mistreated anyone or taken advantage of my position in any way, I have on occasion been able to help also. I'm a a NEW admin, I'm not supposed to be a bull in a china shop. I'm willing... message me if you have a problem.
"Some of you young men think that war is all glamour and glory, but let me tell you, boys, it is all hell!"
-General William T. Sherman

Beavis

Post by Beavis »

justR wrote:honestly most of you besides Crow are pretty timid to use your admin. remember when I'd intentionally troll games by jailing specific people, or everyone on some indoor maps? Should of been an insta-kick, even if it's allowed, it's still 'malicious' and not good for the game.

Dark has a point, Ghost, Stu and Montro are all mia, and brown and rock remain. Although the influx in OZ players (wise, tree, might be more as I'm just starting to play) might of made up for that idk

At that time you would've cried abuse so me and STU shrugged it off. you came real close to a kick. but I used some reverse thinking on it and you stopped.
blankgirl

Post by blankgirl »

S_hift wrote:Rolo for admin 2015
Lawlz wrote:
S']['U wrote:
DaJ4ck3L wrote:i love blank girl
:ghey:

You do know that blankgirl is a guy, right? :shh:
I think everyone knows this since he posts pictures of himself after a fucked-up nights. XD
justR

Post by justR »

Beavis wrote:At that time you would've cried abuse so me and STU shrugged it off. you came real close to a kick. but I used some reverse thinking on it and you stopped.
iirc you did kick me once for it and I didn't say a word, not that it matters, but that's the point, who gives a shit when a player cries abuse when you're clearly not abusing