Where did you come up with your Tribes character name?

SGT ROCK

Re: Where did you come up with your Tribes character name?

Post by SGT ROCK »

<!>KILROY wrote:Let's see, KILROY. I beta tested this game back in 1997 before it's release to the public. I used to run Car Audio Stereo Competition for Rockford Fosgate in years previous and I used two song's during this time. One was Irene Kara - Flashdance. The beginning of the song had some nice and strong bass tones that were used for SPL Performance Competition. The other was STYX - Mr. Roboto. The robot's name in the song was KILROY. My team had built a 1985 Honda Accord 2 Door Hatchback in a competition vehicle sponsored by Rockford Fosgate. It had 16 - 15 inch Rockford Fosgate sub's in the hatch area powered off a shrouded 24 carat gold plated Rockford Fosgate Power 1,000 amp. 5 Rockford Fosgate Pro 5 1/4" mid-bass drivers in each front door, with 3 Pro Rockford Fosgate Tweeters, with custom door panels remade. 2 Rockford Fosgate 6 1/2 mid-bass drivers on each side in the rear, in their own custom panels. All powered by different Rockford Fosgate Amp's. Crossover's and EQ's were by Audio Control and Rockford Fosgate. All being sent sounds from a Sony 10 disk CD Changer. This also was one of the first vehicle's to have a mobile Video system. 7" color TV with VHS player that was hooked into the stereo system, which at that time I used Top Gun as the playback movie with the sound system for Demo's. It also had a mobile cell phone service in the vehicle that was hooked into the stereo system for hands free service that called your mobile cell, or paged you if you had a pager, to let you know if someone was messing with the vehicle via it's security alarm by Clifford. It would also forward any calls to your mobile cell via it's own phone system in the vehicle. In the hatch where the spare tire used to be was 6 airplane batteries hooked in with the main gel-cell battery under the hood with a beefed up alternator. We placed 2nd loudest in the nation. A 1989 Toyota 4 Runner by Precision Power barely beat us by a couple of decibels. The judges liked my choice of song selections, and named Flashdance as the main song of choice for future stereo competitions. They also liked my choice of STYX for the sound quality part of the competition. I used both for future competitions and they nicked named our vehicle KILROY. So we labelled it, and stuck with it. We would take it out on the weekends down a main drive strip and park along the strip with many other people and they came to know my crew and our vehicle, so I decided to keep the name. Been using this name for over 15+ years online.
I went to three Styx concerts back in the day, starting with the Grand Illusion where they played a few tunes from their earlier album Equinox. Both albums had some pretty great tunes, but Light up and Lorelei were awesome. I always thought Alan Parsons - I Robot was a great tune to test out a new stereo with.
"Some of you young men think that war is all glamour and glory, but let me tell you, boys, it is all hell!"
-General William T. Sherman

KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Nice SGT, I never was able to attend one of their concerts, but attended many others, for free at Sea World of Texas in San Antonio, due to a friend of mine being an administrator for them. For his kindness, I made sure their internet connections for Sea World Worldwide stayed up when they reported a problem with them, but living in Texas, I also attended many country artist also. I also attended a friend of mines local band named Boxcar Satan. He was the bass guitarist for them, but has married and moved on since:

Who they are:

http://www.mtv.com/artists/boxcar-satan

Their website now:

http://boxcarsatan.com
Azul

Post by Azul »

big carolina panthers fan, my name in my games prior to 2005 was amcoolio, but when Guild Wars came out in 2005, you had to have two words so I picked Azul Panther. (Guild Wars was a great game btw.) So most games now its either azulpanther or amcoolio, but for some reason I went with just Azul. I think because there wasn't enough characters in tribes to do <!>azulpanther
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

My classmates "punked" me a lot, and I always flinched. I wisely decided that training myself not to flinch would result in me actually getting hit, so I would flinch any time I suspected a classmate was going to pretend to hit me, even when they weren't even trying to punk me... So they called me paranoid...

My real name is Perrin, so, when I started playing Tribes, I spelled it Perrinoid... When I joined my first clan (Gabriel's Prophets), I changed it to ~GP~Perrinoia, and have stuck with it ever since.

PS: Kilroy, what stereo system would you recommend for my boat? I'm currently considering something like this: http://www.lightinthebox.com/waterproof ... 75441.html because I have 4x 3" speaker holes, and an extra tachometer (boat used to have twin engines, now just one).
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Well, it depends on what kind of sound you are wanting from the speakers. The one's your showing me are 3" in diameter. That's tiny, but this puts out 40 W per the 3" speakers. That will give you some nice mid's and high's, but you won't have much on the lower end due to the size of the drivers. Bigger and looser drivers means more bass output, but they would need to be crossed over due to the head unit amplifying every frequency. For the price, this is a great start. What you can do later, is add a subwoofer. These are already housed and amplified. All you have to do is add a ground, power and send a signal to it via the head unit. I don't know if this head unit has RCA outputs, but I'm assuming it does.

I'd suggest these for the price, and you won't need a crossover for them, they are already passive and built in:

10"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-10-Powered- ... 1971114741

12"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-12-Powered- ... 0858041785

What I would do is purchase these, hook them up, and see how it sounds. If the 3 inchers are breaking up due to getting to many low signals, you can add a passive capacitor to the positive side of the speaker that will block the low signals so it will play either mid-bass on up, or mid's and up, and the sub will handle everything lower, making it balanced. I think the 40 W is a nice start to 3" drivers, and depending on how much of a low end you want, and the amount of space you have, these pre-boxed, pre-amplified, and actively crossed over sub's are a really nice setup for limited space.

** Sorry to hear about your other engine loss, but at least you still have one to use. Man, I'm jealous, your going have a blast on that boat when you get it going.

EDIT: BTW....what happened to the other engine? I used to work on auto, boats, and motorcycles.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

LOL, I didn't lose an engine...

When I bought the boat, it had a single 225 horsepower Suzuki outboard, two tachometers, two throttles, two ignition key holes, and two engine trim control knobs.

According to my research, Boston Whaler Revenge V-22's can have up to one single 225 horsepower, or up to two twin 115 horsepower outboards.

I assume it used to have twin 115's, and I believe the guy I bought it from halfway installed the 225.

I'm not sure where I would put one of those subs, but I could cut larger speaker holes, where the 3" speakers used to be.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Naw, I would stick with the 3" speakers for now. Listen to what they sound like, and then decide if you need to modify anything. It's not hard to add passive non-active crossovers to the 3 inchers to modify their sound. For the sub, it's not that big in size and you can put it in the console out of site, or behind some false wall board that is already part of the interior shell and still be able to hear it. Bass is non-directional and can be heard anywhere it's placed. Mid's and high's are directional. The placement of those is what counts to hear everything above bass tones.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

mine came from the movie the crow, but also because crow is related to the wizard of oz movie.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

DaJ4ck3L wrote:mine came from the movie the crow, but also because crow is related to the wizard of oz movie.
You mean the ScareCROW I'm assuming?
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

No, he actually meant the crow...

and the other crow...

Which was like a cross between punisher and cat woman, but also extremely emo.