♫ MUSIC ♫

KILROY

Re: ♫ MUSIC ♫

Post by KILROY »

LOL...well at least mine will keep playing, yours will just stop due to not being able to be read ;)
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

{LS}RePublic wrote:
KILROY wrote:Or your laser trying to replay your CD goes out, in which you have to replace pretty much the whole unit, in which I only have to replace the needle ;)
I just love those deep vinyl scratches that allow the needle to jump tracks, almost an exclusive feature. You dont even need a dj
They do make good decor tho
lolol, yea, i've been listening to lots of my old records lately, and have come across a few now that had weird loops or skips. one time one of them just got stuck on like the same line over and over. was quite funny with the way the line was being played lol.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

SIGH...of all people, I thought you would have known how to repair vinyl Crow. It is repairable and will continue to play without skipping.

Things You'll Need:

Glass Bowl, Newspaper, Measuring Cup, Distilled De-Ionized Water, Isopropyl Alcohol, Photographic Wetting Agent, Plastic Spoon, Record Cleaning Brush, Cotton Cloth, and a Dish Rack.

Put newspaper down on a work surface. Put the bowl down on the newspaper. Use the measuring cup to put 3 ounces of distilled de-ionized water into the bowl. Use the measuring cup to add 1 ounce of isopropyl alcohol to the bowl. Sprinkle a few drops from the bottle of photographic wetting agent into the bowl. Stir the mixture with the plastic spoon.

Dip the record cleaning brush into the bowl and saturate the brush. Hold the record over the newspaper with the scratch facing up. Swipe the record cleaning brush over the scratch from the top of the scratch to the bottom, following the direction of the grooves in the record. Dip the brush in the bowl and saturate it again. Apply the brush to the scratch in the record in the same manner.

Rinse out the measuring cup with tap water. Fill the measuring cup with distilled de-ionized water. Hold the vinyl record over the bowl with the scratch facing up. Pour the distilled de-ionized water from the measuring cup onto the scratch.

Carefully dry the vinyl record using a cotton cloth, wiping in a swirling motion starting at the outer edge and moving to the inner edge. Wipe the rim of the vinyl record with the cotton cloth.

Put the record into a dish rack so it can air dry vertically. Play the record after it has thoroughly dried and watch the tone arm move over the scratched area without skipping.

NOTE: Always dust off the vinyl record with a camel's hair brush before playing it.

EDIT: Now, let's get one thing straight about CD's and Vinyl's.

CD's can only play 44.1 kHz in sound quality.

Vinyl's can play 60 kHz and higher in sound quality.

The human ear can only ear up to 20-21 kHz.

I do have to give credit to the CD industry though, they are coming out with ways to increase the higher frequencies during the recording sessions, but haven't perfected it as of yet.

My college minor was in Audio. The 1985 Honda Accord 2-Dr. Hatchback that my team built for Car Audio competition back in the 1980's placed 2nd loudest in the World for bass dbs, only a few shy of the Toyota 4 Runner, but as for sound quality, it placed 1st in the World, and no one has beat it yet! We toured with it for 10 yrs. when we decided to retire from competition and parted out with all the innards of the vehicle to focus on off-road racing with the first 1981 Toyota P/U that we changed over to a fuel injection under the hood super charger with 44" Baja Mickey Thompson's. Then we got the bug again for stereo competition and built a small competition system in a 1965 Ford Mustang that ran 4-15" Rockford sub's in the back off a Rockford 650. It only placed 3rd for db's, but always placed 1st in sound quality.
{LS}RePublic

Post by {LS}RePublic »

That trick to repair cd's

Tho actrually that was rather informative killroy =p
{LS}RePublic

Post by {LS}RePublic »

Kinda music kinda not. Haha fish I know ud love this
Last edited by {LS}RePublic on Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

{LS}RePublic wrote:That trick to repair cd's

Tho actrually that was rather informative killroy =p
ROFL, TXS I NEEDED THAT LAUGH!!!

EDIT: Here, here's a few for ya, I think we ALL will like ;)

SGT ROCK

Post by SGT ROCK »

Me likey... :ttup:
"Some of you young men think that war is all glamour and glory, but let me tell you, boys, it is all hell!"
-General William T. Sherman

DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

SGT ROCK wrote:Me likey... :ttup:
:ghey: :ttup:

and lol, ill have to give that a try on my cd collection republic. looks like a solid cleaning strat.
{LS}RePublic

Post by {LS}RePublic »

{LS}RePublic

Post by {LS}RePublic »