GameFront shutting down.

SpydeR.
Site Admin

Re: GameFront shutting down.

Post by SpydeR. »

someone a few months ago was able to purchase www.google.com > after google figured it out he made out with like $12k for being at the right spot at the right time.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

They originally paid him pi * $1000, but when they found out he donated 100% of that to charity, they gave him 3 times more ($9,424.77), which he also promptly donated to charity.

That's a grand total of $12,566.37 for the charity of his choosing. I can't remember what the charity was, though.
SpydeR.
Site Admin

Post by SpydeR. »

I would have kept the domain and told them to shit in a hat
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

perrinoia wrote:They originally paid him pi * $1000, but when they found out he donated 100% of that to charity, they gave him 3 times more ($9,424.77), which he also promptly donated to charity.

That's a grand total of $12,566.37 for the charity of his choosing. I can't remember what the charity was, though.
yea ive done a few speed runs on twitch for charity streams. small time stuff though like speedrunslive and speedgaming. the big one is gamesdonequick. would be sick if i ever made it on that channel.
Fixious

Post by Fixious »

Looks like ModDB is buying them. They won't be bringing back the files, though.

"Where we see GameFront differing from ModDB, is right now our speciality is epic total conversions. Recently however there has been a massive shift towards cosmetic mods that we don't cater too well too (skins, maps etc). With GameFront we plan on making it more about the files, small and large and hopefully serve this trend a little better. I'd expect it to take us up to 12months to make this start to come together"

http://www.moddb.com/groups/moddb/news/ ... -gamefront