midair

DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

midair

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

made a thread in the midair forum.

Hey guys!! Hopefully this doesn't get deleted. Just posting this to let you know there is still an active tribes 1 community today!! Crazy right?? I'm coming here to say hi to all the fpsz fans and the devs of midair.

www.br.thelandofoz.net

^^ this is an active tribes 1 community if anyone is still interested in that kind of thing.

Wish you the best of luck with this midair game. Really hoping to port our mod over to the game.

I wish no harm on anyone here, and this thread has no ill intent.

Crow{OZ}
https://forums.playmidair.com/threads/t ... gendz.724/

my first one got moved and second got deleted, so not sure if this one will stick. :D

just tossing my 2 cents over there.

:crow:
SpydeR.
Site Admin

Re: midair

Post by SpydeR. »

As far as I know I don't think midair will be mod-able but i may be wrong and I hope I am. I think the current build of Midair is excellent for a pre-alpha stage and cannot wait till beta opens up so more of you can play.
Azul

Post by Azul »

Midair won't be moddable. Which is a huge shame. Because they will eventually want money and will monetize by weapons/armor and fall into the same shit hole the newest Tribes game did.

I fear that because of this Midair will become stale quickly after a few weeks of playing.

We really should consider remaking Annihilation in Unreal Engine 4 if Midair fails, as a community project. UE4 is free to use, easy to pick up and learn, and we have enough coders to make it work.

The only thing that might be difficult is netcode. I have no experience there. But assets and such shouldn't be much of a problem. You can recreate raindance in UE4 in a day.

It would be so cool to see Annihilation in a new engine. Remade exactly as it is in Tribes, without the bugs, to start off with.
vistalize

Post by vistalize »

why would they delete it?? Thats bullshit seeing as how they got the idea from our game. Not to mention half the people donating to them hoes are from Tribes. These niggas need to pay homage as far as im concerned. Motherfuckers.
EvilTree{OZ}
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

:lol:

amen, and without modding that game won't get far. especially if they use a pay / grind to progress system to unlock items / weapons. tribes ascend really failed in that aspect.

shouldn't be called free to play, should be pay / grind to play. what you want to play the full game outright? give us 400 dollars and we will give you the full item loadout!! this will give you that extra edge vs them plebs who refuse to pay or grind!! :clap:
Fixious

Post by Fixious »

One redeeming factor about their F2P system is that they're offering players to basically 'buy' the game for $30, which unlocks all current and future content to bypass the grind. This doesn't include cosmetics obviously, but I couldn't give a shit about those. It was discounted to $20 during the Kickstarter, which I pledged (even though I'm not sure if I'll even upgrade to play the damn game).

Still, there's no word on user-hosted servers, and I fear they'll end up being like T:A where we simply rent them without having access to the files so we can play around with stuff.
Azul

Post by Azul »

The moderators on their forum are claiming that it is "way too hard" to have mods on UE4. No it is not. Its easier to use .ini files than modding Tribes 1. It lies into how you build the game.
Fixious

Post by Fixious »

I've heard them say it's hard to have mods for a F2P game, which is true. Haven't seen them mention UE4 being an issue though.
Unreal Engine 4 is built in a way that allows game developers to easily afford their players the ability to be part of the creative process. We're no stranger to the importance of mods or mod culture and are completely stoked to provide the option for UE4 projects of all types to be moddable.
:spiteful:

https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthr ... -Questions
Azul

Post by Azul »

Should have just went Undertale model and $14.99 launch then down to $9.99. If your game is good people will play it. Look at Undertale, now over a million dollars made, for an indie game.

A game like midair needs to allow mods. No excuses. Its a type of game that is perfectly set up for community creation. They can't claim "spiritual successor to T1/T2 and then not allow mods.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

yea being honest, i don't think this game is going to capture what most tribes people really want. which is a tribes with more freedom to create the things we want. this game is looking to be like tribes ascend 2 base version so far, and like you say, they will make the rules, not us.
made this post in ma forums, but it's so good i put it here too. :D