Screen Shot Contest

SGT ROCK

Re: Screen Shot Contest

Post by SGT ROCK »

S_hift wrote:no... if you want to edit, use fraps or something simular to record the recording. Then compress the avi to wmv @ 720p

then edit with sony vegas

thats what i did for this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNOLTGr ... FsPHDEKaNw
"IF" he wants to edit videos..... For a screen shot though can't he just record a demo then play it back in tribes and pause it and do a screen shot? Without downloading and learning a new program.... ???
"Some of you young men think that war is all glamour and glory, but let me tell you, boys, it is all hell!"
-General William T. Sherman

DESTROID

Post by DESTROID »

Then the moment but I want to capture is very hard to take the screenshot at the right time hahahahha
SGT ROCK

Post by SGT ROCK »

DESTROID wrote:Then the moment but I want to capture is very hard to take the screenshot at the right time hahahahha
I have 1.4 now... I think you misunderstand... I was thinking there used to be a demo hud to play back tribes recordings in game/client that you could pause during playback and then do a screen shot. I not sure now I just looked and I really haven' t messed with it since I've been back to playing. I don't see how to play the recordings now in the 1.4. There used to be a checkbox to record demo, I don't even see that now. Anybody??? I just play the game as is and don't delve into it too much, I just don't have the time to get that into it. Erowid? Is the Demo record option gone or am I missing it?
"Some of you young men think that war is all glamour and glory, but let me tell you, boys, it is all hell!"

Erowid
Site Admin

Post by Erowid »

Lol, it's still there, and the controls for recording playback pause ff an rewind are the arrow keys

SGT ROCK

Post by SGT ROCK »

Erowid wrote:Lol, it's still there, and the controls for recording playback pause ff an rewind are the arrow keys
Thanks man, like I said.. I just play. LOL Gotta admit I'm a pretty good shooter considering how ignorant I am of the scripting compared to you all. heheheh :no2:

At any rate that should be possible then to pause the demo playback and take a screen shot ... right? If he wants to do videos that's one thing but if he just wants some good screens (which is what this thread is about ) it's not necessary to download anything.

BTW... I see now... I'd forgotten where it was it's on the join server screen. LOL heheheh Wow... long time

UndercoverLover

Post by UndercoverLover »

DESTROID wrote:Then the moment but I want to capture is very hard to take the screenshot at the right time hahahahha
A .gif image should be fine, you can take a video and pause it at the right times to screen shot it

Contest still going, the competition is slim right now lol will decide a final date to choose the winners next time I post on here
S']['U

Post by S']['U »

Install democam. It will let you take a screenshot from a demo at any angle or speed... even paused.
Democam will not affect your config or key-binds, and only works while playing back demos.
Democam.zip
(2.2 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
1. Unzip plasdemocam.cs to your config folder.
2. Add this line to your autoexec.cs file:

Code: Select all

exec(plasdemocam);
3. Play demo and press "L" key to spawn a camera.

Use your movement keys to move cameras.
Number keys will change camera flight speed.
Use arrow keys to change demo playback speed. (down is pause, up is normal speed, left and right will decrease or increase playback speed in steps)

You can spawn multiple cameras and then toggle between them using your spacebar.

Democam quirk #1: cameras usually spawn under the map, so look up!

Democam quirk #2: cameras will take a long time to spawn or toggle if your playback speed is very slow or paused.

Democam quirk #3: Democam will show player locations through hills and walls, similar to how HM works, but this only happens when playing demos. This is done purposely so you can easily find player's locations after you spawn your camera.

Democam quirk #4: Although you can go anywhere on the map with a camera, some objects and players may not be visible to you if they are outside of your player's radar range.
This is caused by limitations on the range of the demo recording.
EXAMPLE: If you are outside a base, there is no sense in rendering players and objects
inside the base that you would not normally be able to see from your player's POV.
The players and objects inside the base will only appear if your player enters the base.

To take a screenshot while playing Tribes, while playing demos or while using democam, just press "PRINT SCREEN"
A screenshot will be saved to your Tribes/Temp folder.
DESTROID

Post by DESTROID »

thank you

managed to take screenshots

S']['U

Post by S']['U »

Blastside.jpg
Copy of sshot0582.JPG
Copy of sshot0662.jpg
Crowfart.jpg
sshot0104.JPG
sshot0128.jpg
sshot1048.JPG
{LS}RePublic

Post by {LS}RePublic »

That last shot was more or less about spotting OZ in their natural habitat.