Just to remind you guys

bawb

Just to remind you guys

Post by bawb »

http://annihilation.info/forum/viewtopi ... 9&start=20
(One of my Revive Tribes posts from the beginning of last year...)

We can still make this happen
Tick-tock
Last edited by bawb on Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Re: Just to remind you guys

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

are you ready to be a leader though? a team player?
justR

Post by justR »

Sheep is a very missed personality in this mod of very special people
DaRk

Post by DaRk »

You guys made my night in that last thread. GG.
S']['U wrote:There are quite a few major differences:

1. That picture was over 20 year old.
2. I didn't send it to "random people" or post it in this forum. I sent it only to a select few people that I trusted.
3. I didn't include her name, address, phone number or where she works with it.
4. I didn't tell other people to call her job and try to get her fired.
5. It had absolutely NOTHING to do with this game OR this forum.
6. There was no malicious intent or attempt to hurt her in any way.

There is no comparison.
You are only attacking me for criticizing your malicious post.
Pathetic.
I somehow think your ex-wife wouldn't have several issues with this. :sarcasm: Like Perrin said, it would take much to piece this information together. I wouldn't waste my time on it or fish. Have better things in life to worry about.
bawb

Post by bawb »

DaJ4ck3L wrote:are you ready to be a leader though? a team player?
That's up to everyone else since you will all choose to follow my lead or not to.. I hope that you all will though, I have learned a lot and with the help of each of you, as a team, we can create something larger than many of us probably ever have made before. I want you guys to be able to say "I want to follow him, because he is the guy who knows how to do this."

perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

It would take a long time to mobilize that many people, where as, one guy with some heavy machinery or possibly explosives could move a billion pounds by himself.

That being said, where's the punch bowl, Bobby?
bawb

Post by bawb »

I believe (not just think) that when the remaining leaders choose to work with me, the people who follow them will join too.

I hope that you all will think about it next time you are looking through the serverlist, there is still a community left, and people who obviously love the game. I know what to do, and I promise that if you guys follow me we can do this. I can only ask though, if you don't make this a priority nobody else is going to. We are the last chance this game has. I still play Mario, I still play Diablo 2, and Age of Empires... Tribes has brought me way more fun than any of those games
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

So what's the plan exactly? I was thinking if I ever win a huge lottery payout that I would start a business that would run like a call center except the employees jobs would be to play tribes all day. That's right. I would pay a few thousand people to play, code, script, skin, make mods and populate them. Sure I would be only losing money, but would it be worth it to jump start tribes again? Yes. Yes it would. And just think of all the noobs there would be who couldn't give up and quit. Would be lulz
bawb

Post by bawb »

Death666 wrote:So what's the plan exactly? I was thinking if I ever win a huge lottery payout that I would start a business that would run like a call center except the employees jobs would be to play tribes all day.
I'll give you a sense of where my mind is at...

After the game was established by Sierra, Tribes has always had lots of support from its community. The official support was pulled like 8 years ago, and here we are; in a community ran forum, for a community ran server, in a community ran master server... 8 years later; and even more shocking, with 95% less people in the community. Bugs, Plas, Kigen, Crow, 7Liter, Lestat, Groove, Lemon, Perrinoia, everyone else I haven't mentioned... we each have resources and know-how (obviously since the community is still going) to support this game. These resources combined with the right direction can allow us to do more than just postpone the final death of the game. We can use them to thrive, and to grow substantially.

I believe that we all want growth for the game. I have heard so many of you say it. My plan is to gain the support of the great minds in our community, so that we can approach this task as a team. My plan for us as a team comes then.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Death666 wrote:So what's the plan exactly? I was thinking if I ever win a huge lottery payout that I would start a business that would run like a call center except the employees jobs would be to play tribes all day. That's right. I would pay a few thousand people to play, code, script, skin, make mods and populate them. Sure I would be only losing money, but would it be worth it to jump start tribes again? Yes. Yes it would. And just think of all the noobs there would be who couldn't give up and quit. Would be lulz
I've had the same thought... Except not quite on that scale... I was thinking of hiring a couple dozen, to populate servers 9-5. so I had something to shoot while the unpaid targets worked real jobs. And I'd hire a few veteran programmers/moderators (noxwizard/krogoth for instance) to make new content for the game, as well. All of this contingent on winning a massive sum from a lottery or something, of course.