Yellow stone

{LS}RePublic

Yellow stone

Post by {LS}RePublic »

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/russian-d ... 00470.html

Well that shit could happen naturally even without Russia's help...
DaRk

Re: Yellow stone

Post by DaRk »

perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Umm.. Yeah, let's entertain that idea...

Russia nukes Yellow Stone...
http://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/ wrote:Estimated fatalities:
Estimated injuries:
In any given 24-hour period, there are approximately 2,879 people in the 1 psi range of the most recent detonation.
I'm guessing that website doesn't take into account the fact that there is a super volcano there, however I'd like to point out that the so called Russian Scientist thinks that it is on the San Andreas Fault Line, when in fact, it is roughly 1000 miles away from it.

But despite that faux pas, the volcano threat is real.

As you can see, nukemap probably doesn't take the volcanic activity and resulting earth quakes into consideration...

This reminds me of playing Tribes, when I'm being sneaky and I'm no where near the battle, and then something randomly blows up and kills me. :hbeat:
DaRk

Post by DaRk »

It would be like wiping the dust off a pop bottle. It's not going to do shit. Magma chamber is 5km below and pressure from it is not strong enough. Yellowstone (one word, not two), is one of the most monitored places on Earth. It's like they have no understanding of geophysics. Maybe they work for Fox News? I'm sorry, but the real world doesn't work for Michael Bay.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

I guess you've never seen a pop bottle explode before... It's devastating, especially when you're just dusting it off, not expecting it at all...

Then BOOM!!! Half of your face is gone and you use a double sided coin that is scratched on one side to determine who lives and who dies...
DaRk

Post by DaRk »

Maybe you shouldn't be putting aluminum foil in a bottle full of drain cleaner. Or maybe you should.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Ghost wrote:Am I the only one that prays for an EMP strike to shut off the worlds power grid? Fuck electricity and technology. I wish we could go back to simpler times where you hunt/grow your own food and spend time outside.

Nothing would please me more believe it or not.
Actually Ghost, you can, in a Mormon Village.
DaRk

Post by DaRk »

Yeah. Called FLDS, where they rape children. Warren Jeffs is a creepy dude.
Real

Post by Real »

<!>KILROY wrote:
Ghost wrote:Am I the only one that prays for an EMP strike to shut off the worlds power grid? Fuck electricity and technology. I wish we could go back to simpler times where you hunt/grow your own food and spend time outside.

Nothing would please me more believe it or not.
Actually Ghost, you can, in a Mormon Village.
mormons are regular people lol.. you're thinking of amish

that would kinda suck tho, no more cars :( unless its like pre 1970
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Not if you look at the lifestyle of older Mormons. I used to know many of them in my past, but yes Amish are included.

Actually the villages are small enough you don't need motor vehicles for transportation which is why they use carts and wagons that are drawn by animals. Both live a simple, but a hard life, but Classic Mormon traditions believe in having more than one wife. As for Amish, they also live a simple life of hard work also.

As for Warren Jeff, he's the former president of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormon) and was convicted of rape of minors and sentenced to ten years to life in Utah, but the verdict was overturned due to bad jury instructions, but was extradited to Texas to face charges of sexual assault and aggravated sexual assault of children in connection with a raid of the FLDS Church's YFZ Ranch in 2008, and sentenced to life in prison plus 20 years, to be served consecutively in Texas. It's a shame that one person gives many a bad name, and he is paying the penalty.