Where did you come up with your Tribes character name?

SGT ROCK

Where did you come up with your Tribes character name?

Post by SGT ROCK »

So where/how/why did you get your tribes name from ? Why did you choose it ?

First... I'm an old dude. My dad fought in WWII, he was an M10 Tank Destroyer commander and fought in North Africa/Italy. He rarely spoke of his experiences other than to say the Germans were just fighting for their country as he was. So I enjoyed WWII movies and history growing up, liked to read anything I could find on it. I liked the comic books too so I've played with that moniker pretty much since I started playing although I do smurf once in a while.

Every where we gooOOOoo, people wanna knoooOOOoow, Whoooo we are !....

I'd like to hear your story....
"Some of you young men think that war is all glamour and glory, but let me tell you, boys, it is all hell!"
-General William T. Sherman

TwilightSparkle

Re: Where did you come up with your Tribes character name?

Post by TwilightSparkle »

Last edited by TwilightSparkle on Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blankgirl

Post by blankgirl »

The movie "Blankman"

Except I thought Blankman would be too unoriginal, so I went with blankgirl

Yup,

<!>blankgirl
Lawlz wrote:
S']['U wrote:
DaJ4ck3L wrote:i love blank girl
:ghey:

You do know that blankgirl is a guy, right? :shh:
I think everyone knows this since he posts pictures of himself after a fucked-up nights. XD
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Let's see, KILROY. I beta tested this game back in 1997 before it's release to the public. I used to run Car Audio Stereo Competition for Rockford Fosgate in years previous and I used two song's during this time. One was Irene Kara - Flashdance. The beginning of the song had some nice and strong bass tones that were used for SPL Performance Competition. The other was STYX - Mr. Roboto. The robot's name in the song was KILROY. My team had built a 1985 Honda Accord 2 Door Hatchback in a competition vehicle sponsored by Rockford Fosgate. It had 16 - 15 inch Rockford Fosgate sub's in the hatch area powered off a shrouded 24 carat gold plated Rockford Fosgate Power 1,000 amp. 5 Rockford Fosgate Pro 5 1/4" mid-bass drivers in each front door, with 3 Pro Rockford Fosgate Tweeters, with custom door panels remade. 2 Rockford Fosgate 6 1/2 mid-bass drivers on each side in the rear, in their own custom panels. All powered by different Rockford Fosgate Amp's. Crossover's and EQ's were by Audio Control and Rockford Fosgate. All being sent sounds from a Sony 10 disk CD Changer. This also was one of the first vehicle's to have a mobile Video system. 7" color TV with VHS player that was hooked into the stereo system, which at that time I used Top Gun as the playback movie with the sound system for Demo's. It also had a mobile cell phone service in the vehicle that was hooked into the stereo system for hands free service that called your mobile cell, or paged you if you had a pager, to let you know if someone was messing with the vehicle via it's security alarm by Clifford. It would also forward any calls to your mobile cell via it's own phone system in the vehicle. In the hatch where the spare tire used to be was 6 airplane batteries hooked in with the main gel-cell battery under the hood with a beefed up alternator. We placed 2nd loudest in the nation. A 1989 Toyota 4 Runner by Precision Power barely beat us by a couple of decibels. The judges liked my choice of song selections, and named Flashdance as the main song of choice for future stereo competitions. They also liked my choice of STYX for the sound quality part of the competition. I used both for future competitions and they nicked named our vehicle KILROY. So we labelled it, and stuck with it. We would take it out on the weekends down a main drive strip and park along the strip with many other people and they came to know my crew and our vehicle, so I decided to keep the name. Been using this name for over 15+ years online.
Firelord

Post by Firelord »

Firelord Anton Maderi was a Blood Eagle character from Tribes lore. I chose it when I was like 10 in 2001. I actually think it's a really lame name, but it was the tribes name I always used so I just stick with it.
Ninetails

Post by Ninetails »

Contrary to popular belief, no my name isn't inspired from the Pokemon Ninetails, but from Naruto.
S']['U

Post by S']['U »

I got my name from a total lack of imagination.
Fixious

Post by Fixious »

Fixious was the name of Keanu Reeves' boat in The Replacements. I'm not a big fan of the movie, but I liked the name.
f0x

Post by f0x »

f0xL3g3nD goes back to 2002 Runescape days when speaking 1337 was a thing.
browneyes wrote:lol he must be hardcore player.
LUNCHBOX

Post by LUNCHBOX »

LUNCHBOX started as GRNVRLNCHBX which meant green VR6 Lunch Box. It was the name of a '95 Jetta VR6 I had. Sold the car years ago but stuck with the name Lunchbox.