Anyone with an Apple iPhone...

KILROY

Anyone with an Apple iPhone...

Post by KILROY »

Just a quick announcement. Anyone with an Apple iPhone, be cautious. Apple was hacked this last week, and information was stolen. E-mail's are being sent out by a person you have on your contact list by iPhone relaying:

"HI" (with a link to clink)
"How are you?"

It's safe to open the e-mail to check on it, but DO NOT CLICK on the link. It will load malware and a virus on your computer, iPhone, or any other smartphone you own and if you do any transactions online with a Debit, Credit, or Bank Account #, you will be cleaned out.

My company is working with Apple right now to help remedy this.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Re: Anyone with an Apple iPhone...

Post by perrinoia »

I don't own an iPhone, but I know a bunch of people who do.

Does the malware only work on jail broken phones, older phones, or any iPhone?
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Anything that has e-mail with an internet connection. Smartphones, computers, tablets, etc.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

New issue, Experian, a company that does credit checks, especially for Verizon Wireless was hacked September 1st. People's information from Sept. 1 through Sept. 16 was stolen. Be careful.

The stolen data includes names, birth dates, addresses, and Social Security and drivers' license numbers, but not credit card or payment information,
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

So, are these hackers planning to use this information to sign up for credit cards in other people's names?
vistalize

Post by vistalize »

Yeah they can have my information all they want my credit is shit anyways.

Plus Jose is using my SS number over there in California anyway found out when I was trying to open some electricity under my SS # . Fuckin illegals man. MAke me jump through a bunch of hoops to prove I am a citizen and victim of identity theft.
EvilTree{OZ}
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Go off grid... Get yourself some solar panels, and give the power company the finger.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

vistalize wrote:Yeah they can have my information all they want my credit is shit anyways.

Plus Jose is using my SS number over there in California anyway found out when I was trying to open some electricity under my SS # . Fuckin illegals man. MAke me jump through a bunch of hoops to prove I am a citizen and victim of identity theft.
damnnnnn, that is fucked man.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

perrinoia wrote:So, are these hackers planning to use this information to sign up for credit cards in other people's names?
Good one Perr :roflz:

But, keep in mind all. This info. taken can do more harm than you think. It may not affect anyone immediately, but in the long run WILL affect you when you do your taxes, decide to retire, or when you leave this World. It can also affect people who are close to you. You can close a Credit Card, but you can't close a Social Security Number. If and when the people who took this information decide to use it, the police will not be going after them, but the person who's Social Security Number is being used, due to the number being theirs. They now become the victim.

And they say your Social Security Number can't be used as a form of identity. What a load of crap by our Federal Gov't.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

KILROY wrote:Good one Perr :roflz:
Huh? It was a serious question.

I've never had a credit card before... I don't understand how credit works. It seems like an easy way to get yourself in trouble, even without someone stealing your identity.

Buying something with a credit card instead of a debit card is like buying an Xbox from rent-a-center instead of Wal-Mart. You might get to spend less right now, but by the time you're done paying it off, it will cost you 6 times more.

How do you protect yourself from identity theft?
Does never having a credit card help, or am I helpless?
How do you recover from it?

Personally, I believe that credit is what makes the rich richer. They loan you x, and now you owe them x squared.
You get a car now, even though you could have afforded 6 later, and some banker buys a mega yacht with the interest.

When the economy collapsed a few years ago, and we bailed out the banks and car manufacturers, what would have happened if we didn't?

I'll tell you what would have happened. Nothing. The rich would still be rich, and the poor would still be poor.

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but what if we elect Donald Trump, and he said, "What debt? National debt?! Not my problem, fuck it!" What would happen?

Maybe China would ban exports to the USA, and suddenly, we'd be forced to manufacture our own shit, which means JOBS!

Oprah would be yelling, "You get a job, and YOU get a job, and YOU get a job!"

Holy shit, did I just become a republican? Someone talk some sense into me!