login system

Post by vistalize »

whats up with the login system
EvilTree{OZ}
perrinoia
Site Admin

Re: login system

Post by perrinoia »

Ooooooooo Weeeeee... What's up with that? What's up with that?!

Kigen's profile registration system was terrible, and the only reason it kind of worked was because it was too confusing to thwart. Crow added a bunch of crap, bogging it down, and created one massive exploitable option. Death666 probably tried to fix it, and the new fix is probably what you're asking about.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

make a better one for us then!!

yea i did add around 40+ variables to that. give or take.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

I wasn't even talking about the stats. I'm talking about the actual login process.

The difference between Kigen's and yours is the ability to thwart yours using nothing but the tab menu.

But since you mention the stats, I guess I should mention that when it logs stats, it lags the server. And it logs the stats a lot.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

i think it's only on map change or disconnect that it actually logs it. i could be wrong though.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Now that I have FTP access, I should be able to answer that question.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

I haven't done anything with the login system. Perrinoia if you could code us a better login system it would be much appreciated.

One thing that I would like to do that I think would be pretty simple would be to make a bottomprint message at the end of the match showing each player their 'personal stats' from the tab menu. There are a lot of really cool stats logged for registered players that I think a lot of people aren't even aware of.

A more complicated version would show which of those stats were increased during that match, maybe with the old number on the left and the new on the right in a different font color.
Something like: Flag Captures 44/47

Also I don't believe that there's any way to look at another registered players stats which is a shame. All you can see is their kills and deaths by typing #stats name, but again there are a ton of other stats being logged that only that player can access from their 'personal stats' in the tab menu.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

perrinoia wrote:Now that I have FTP access, I should be able to answer that question.
make sure you're using the drop box though. you should still have the info for it. death has all his updates in there.

also a stat i noticed that's missing is fly by's. should have plane kills in the total stats also.
SpydeR.
Site Admin

Post by SpydeR. »

Is there a way to log the stats onto a website like theclq.com back in the day? We can have a community stat page which could show the top players of the week and stuffs
vistalize

Post by vistalize »

SpydeR. wrote:Is there a way to log the stats onto a website like theclq.com back in the day? We can have a community stat page which could show the top players of the week and stuffs
That would be awesome
EvilTree{OZ}