Mod Updates

perrinoia
Site Admin

Re: Mod Updates

Post by perrinoia »

There's an unused dts shape that I think makes a good pack image... I forget what it's called. Looks like a rocket pack or something.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

I said unused.

There's a few, like gunturret and logo...

The one I'm referring to is used by done other mods, but not base or annihilation.
Firelord

Post by Firelord »

Death666 wrote:I replaced invisibility with shield+sensorjamming as a beacon for chameleon and necromancer on my test server and it plays pretty good. It makes you less squishy in those armors and you have to manage your energy so you can absorb more damage. You can also still sneak around.

I did test having de-cloak when firing the sniper rifle awhile ago and it was still pretty annoying. We might as well go all the way and remove it.
I like the shield idea for cham, but since Necro uses only energy based weapons it doesn't seem right for that armor.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

perrinoia wrote:There's an unused dts shape that I think makes a good pack image... I forget what it's called. Looks like a rocket pack or something.
This is something else I've been working on as well. I changed all of the pack images that could get in the way when spammed in front of stations such as the jump pad and blast wall pack images to smaller pack images like the ammo, shield and energy pack images.
Firelord wrote: I like the shield idea for cham, but since Necro uses only energy based weapons it doesn't seem right for that armor.
Having it active doesn't drain energy since it's a beacon ability, but the more energy you have the more the shield can absorb.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

It drains energy when you get shot, which means you can't shoot back, if all of your weapons are energy based. That's what he means, when he says it doesn't seem right for necro to have shields. This goes for angel, too... Not that anyone ever suggested giving angel shields.
Firelord

Post by Firelord »

perrinoia wrote:It drains energy when you get shot, which means you can't shoot back, if all of your weapons are energy based. That's what he means, when he says it doesn't seem right for necro to have shields. This goes for angel, too... Not that anyone ever suggested giving angel shields.
Yeah this is what I meant. You have no way to defend yourself once you've been shot and it will be difficult to fly away since I'm assuming the beacon would be on a timer. Basically as soon as someone launches a rocket near you you'd be fucked.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

Added the armor type used to take, return and capture the flag to the server chat message for those events.

"Player name has captured the Coke flag in Warrior armor!"

Added a category for night maps.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

kewl
Firefox

Post by Firefox »

Death666, I'm not 100% sure but it appears that when you added the armor type used to take, return and capture the flag to the server chat message, I not longer hear the server's warning sounds. I see the message text but no sound. Its very odd to see someone cap and hear nothing. Any idea as to how I can fix that?

Thanks
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Probably just forgot to add the sound effect to the new messages. Simple fix, but only on the server side.

Unless you want to write a custom script that reads every message and plays sounds when it sea key words from server messages.