Mod Updates

assasin

Re: Mod Updates

Post by assasin »

Nice one :tup: :tup:
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

Made another small update tonight. Thanks to TE-Noxwizard for making this hotfix possible. He essentially provided the code and I tweaked it to be in line with the messages given when team power is destroyed.
Repairing any generator will no longer send a message to your whole team.

Only when you or a teammate repairs a generator to the point that it restores your teams power if your team previously had no other generators online will it send a team chat and team bottom print message notifying that power is back online. This message is sent instantly.

Example:
http://i.imgur.com/xVLyKUh.png

Similarly, the notification that your teams power has been taken offline is now instantaneous as well.

You do still receive repair points for repairing generators and the bottom print message for their repair points now correctly specifies the type of generator repaired.

Note that you will still need to repair a generator to full health in order to receive the 2 repair points, but that the team power messages will prompt as soon as the generator is functioning.
Edit:
Known issue:
Maps with team generators in multiple different groups in the .mis file or with objectives that have their own generator will trigger the team generator repair message. Should be fixed soon.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Cool... Did you fix porta gens yet? LOL
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

No way. Have fun with those crazy power/inventory functions. :ghey:

Also for every map like Rollercoaster where generator play isn't ideal I could point out 20 maps where generator play is better without port gens and doesn't create a massive Dstack, but I can understand why people who don't like defending and just want to be able to hop on and get some kills would want to have power always online and not have to worry about it.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Porta gens definitely cause stalemates on maps like Broadsides/Blastsides, because you can brick your elevator and defend the shit out of the flag, but on raindance/rollercoaster, the flag is outside, so porta gen doesn't stop cappers.

Personally, I wish all maps were designed with flags outside, but then again, most of the maps I've designed had flags inside, so I guess I'm a hypocrite.
Firelord

Post by Firelord »

Did the invisibility time for Necros get cut down recently? It's painfully short now. I understand maybe cutting it down for chems since they can be a serious pain in the ass when they are invisible at a distance, but the Necromancer armor is almost worthless w/o its invisibility. I feel like that's pretty integral to the armor. I'm all for cutting it down for chems, but I would suggest leaving it longer for necro.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

If invisibility is integral, you're a giant vagina.

I'm not sure if it's been changed, though... Looks the same to me.
Lawlz

Post by Lawlz »

You must not use the Death Ray, cause that thing is way more annoying then a chem ever could be.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Lawlz wrote:You must not use the Death Ray, cause that thing is way more annoying then a chem ever could be.
:nod:
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

No changes were made to necromancer invisibility length as far as I know.

I did push a small update last night with these:
Medium pulse sensors will now award a repair point as well, previously only large pulse sensors would.

Destroying both enemy medium and large pulse sensors will now award a point, previously neither would.

The team generator repaired messages will no longer refer to oneself in the third person.

The automated message announcement to your team when you knock the enemy power offline is now red text in the team chat instead of white and will play the enemy generator destroyed .wav to your team.

Vortex turrets range has been slightly reduced from 150 to 110. For reference the bridge on raindance is about 125