Mod Updates

AnniDv6

Re: Mod Updates

Post by AnniDv6 »

perrinoia wrote:Wait, CaveX was the map with the disappearing inventories? I thought someone said it was Cavern...

That's weird... They definitely don't disappear on my copy.
Yeah I figured. It was also only set to true on about 2/3 of the stations and turrets. Maybe it was caused by the crush damage code and some other combination of odd things. I've never actually seen that setting set to true before, but it's fixed now and working.

Pushing a larger update tonight. This one might actually need some testing..
The percentage chance for a Ghost carrying the flag to drop it has been removed.

The percentage chance upon Phase Shifting to drop the flag has been removed.

It's no longer possible to use a Necromancer beacon to cloak while holding the flag.

If you're already cloaked and pick up the flag you have a 1.5 second window before a check realizes and you're uncloaked and then unable to cloak again by beacon unless you drop the flag.

It's no longer possible to hold the flag with a separate armor and then buy chameleon at a station to bypass chameleon not being able to pick up enemy flags.

There's now a team chat message when a teammate deploys an airbase.

There's now a team chat message when a teammate deploys a teleport pad.

The team chat message given when deploying a jail is no longer sent to yourself.

When attempting to use a repair kit there is now a check to see if it's worth it to use one. If you have taken no damage and you're also not looking at any team objects which have taken damage the repair kit will not be used.

There's now a chat message to yourself indicating if a repair kit was used or retained.

Angel is now able to carry a repair kit.

Increased the start time of matches from 3 seconds to 8 seconds to give a little more leeway on slow loads.

Drastically lowered the distance that Nuclear Turrets projectiles travel before detonating to keep it from being used as an offensive turret.

Destroying an enemy NeuroTurret aka Neuro Basher now awards the standard one point, was previously not giving any.

Removed two bunkers from the Arena Madness map which players would spawn inside and be stuck.

Fixed two respawn points in the map Cavex which were inside rocks that the player could not get out of.

Removed incorrectly placed sliding doors from the maps Psychonaut and High Dive which were causing all other sliding doors on subsequent maps to malfunction.

Moved the map HungyHippos to CTF Indoor and disabled setting air bases during it.

Reworked the teleport system the map BotPracticeMKIII uses. Teleports now drop at several locations. Also moved the "Jumping Bots" target practice building to make it easier to hit the flying bots.
Firelord

Post by Firelord »

Death666 wrote:
perrinoia wrote:Wait, CaveX was the map with the disappearing inventories? I thought someone said it was Cavern...

That's weird... They definitely don't disappear on my copy.
Yeah I figured. It was also only set to true on about 2/3 of the stations and turrets. Maybe it was caused by the crush damage code and some other combination of odd things. I've never actually seen that setting set to true before, but it's fixed now and working.

Pushing a larger update tonight. This one might actually need some testing..
The percentage chance for a Ghost carrying the flag to drop it has been removed.

The percentage chance upon Phase Shifting to drop the flag has been removed.

It's no longer possible to use a Necromancer beacon to cloak while holding the flag.

If you're already cloaked and pick up the flag you have a 1.5 second window before a check realizes and you're uncloaked and then unable to cloak again by beacon unless you drop the flag.

It's no longer possible to hold the flag with a separate armor and then buy chameleon at a station to bypass chameleon not being able to pick up enemy flags.

There's now a team chat message when a teammate deploys an airbase.

There's now a team chat message when a teammate deploys a teleport pad.

The team chat message given when deploying a jail is no longer sent to yourself.

When attempting to use a repair kit there is now a check to see if it's worth it to use one. If you have taken no damage and you're also not looking at any team objects which have taken damage the repair kit will not be used.

There's now a chat message to yourself indicating if a repair kit was used or retained.

Angel is now able to carry a repair kit.

Increased the start time of matches from 3 seconds to 8 seconds to give a little more leeway on slow loads.

Drastically lowered the distance that Nuclear Turrets projectiles travel before detonating to keep it from being used as an offensive turret.

Destroying an enemy NeuroTurret aka Neuro Basher now awards the standard one point, was previously not giving any.

Removed two bunkers from the Arena Madness map which players would spawn inside and be stuck.

Fixed two respawn points in the map Cavex which were inside rocks that the player could not get out of.

Removed incorrectly placed sliding doors from the maps Psychonaut and High Dive which were causing all other sliding doors on subsequent maps to malfunction.

Moved the map HungyHippos to CTF Indoor and disabled setting air bases during it.

Reworked the teleport system the map BotPracticeMKIII uses. Teleports now drop at several locations. Also moved the "Jumping Bots" target practice building to make it easier to hit the flying bots.
I like a lot of these, but I'm not a huge fan of the lack of a chance for the necro packs to drop flags. Sure, they're being hindered a bit by not being invisible, but a ghost can hop in and out of the base with a flag without even needing to be invisible with it (think Broadside). The chance to drop adds a perfect amount of challenge to the task. It is extremely frustrating to frequent necro users like you and I when you encounter the flag drop, but I feel like it's absolutely essential. Just my two cents. Thanks for the work.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

Indeed. Ghosts also recently took a hit with vortex turrets being fixed, though. Both flame turrets and vortex turrets will absolutely wreck ghosts even when they are ghosting. If your flag is covered and you have vortex or flame turret defense you really should not have to worry about a ghost. Also as per the last patch flame turrets can be set on terrain now for the outdoor flags.

The main problem with flag drop is that it takes skill out of the players hands and leaves a good flag run up to a roll of the dice and that just doesn't make for good game play really.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

No kidding THANKS for all the work, you've been pretty busy!
Fixious

Post by Fixious »

Yeah I'd say the percentage thing is probably the most controversial one, though all the changes look good. To be honest I didn't even know the phase pack had flag drop, just ghost pack. Probably because I rarely use it for flag grabbin.
Fixious

Post by Fixious »

I just use the phase to be a dick and teleport enemies to a group of laser turrets.
Firelord

Post by Firelord »

Ghost wrote:Phase way better for flag grabbing IMO
Depends on the map and defense setup.
Lawlz

Post by Lawlz »

Firelord wrote:
You're not phasing into a base like Scarbrae or Broadside and getting a flag that's for sure; unless the other team is full of morons. Outdoor maps sure, but indoor, ghost is the way to go.
Firelord

Post by Firelord »

Lawlz wrote:
Firelord wrote:
You're not phasing into a base like Scarbrae or Broadside and getting a flag that's for sure; unless the other team is full of morons. Outdoor maps sure, but indoor, ghost is the way to go.
Right. Also when it is an outdoor map that has good D (motion sensors, vortex turrets, and lasers), an invisible necro with a phase shift will get owned. A necro with a ghost pack can't be killed by those lasers and will just have to deal with the vortex turrets.
Fixious

Post by Fixious »

And flame turrets.... :(