I sometimes feel like Fish

perrinoia
Site Admin

Re: I sometimes feel like Fish

Post by perrinoia »

Yes... Step 1, eat delicious bacon, preferably rapped in bacon.

Step 2, drink the bacon grease.

Step 3, I hope you let the bacon grease cool first, otherwise, go to the hospital and ask for a new throat.

Step 4, I hope you know sign language.
young master

Post by young master »

Wise Man wrote:Well... I know I've hit the jackpot if the tall blond with nice c cups gets this joke after she said she was fluent in C++....

Code: Select all

function Funny::Fire(%fire)
{
if(%fire)
{
postAction(You-Laughing, True);

if(gettingJoke(You) == True)	
{
$preference::Me = $You;
IamViking::Sense($DeezBiceps::nSense * $You);
$You::Enjoying = "True";
}
}
else
{
postAction(IgnoreMe, True); 
}
}
In other news... I'm pretty sure my time in Tribes has come to a swift close as I embark on the journey to become an officer in the Army.

I'll continue to provide lawlz on the forum, however.

LMAO. good luck wise. you will be missed. :)
young master

Post by young master »

perrinoia wrote:Tribes pre-dates C#, so no, they are not the same.

Notable differences include the use of % and $ to identify variables and their scopes, in Darkstar, while C# uses a classification system and the location of it's initialization to indicate scope...

In other words, in Tribes %clientId is a local variable that is forgotten outside of the function or file it was defined it, and it stores a string of characters that may contain numbers, letters or even special characters. Tribes performs mathmatical functions on strings, which is weird and buggy. Likewise, $MissionName contains a string that is remembered until the program is terminated, or until a script deletes it.

In most other programming languages (C# included), you must initialize your variables before you can define them. For example: int clientID; would allocate a block of memory for an integer... It can only contain an integer, and any other character would cause an error. Where that variable is initialized is it's scope...

Also, functions are initialized the same way, so the parser knows how much memory to allocate for the return value. If it's a bool, it only needs to allocate a single bit (two possibilities, true or false). If it's char, 8 bits (256 possibilities, letters, numerical digits, and special characters). Int, could be a whole number up to 32,000 +/- (I think), float = floating point (decimals), etc...

The point is, they are definitely different, and Darkstar is definitely a unique scripting language.
I'm glad perrin has the patience to deal with people like shift, I do not on the other hand. when i tell him he doesn't understand what he is talking about, the debate usually goes south. :)
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Every conversation you have turns south...

Admittedly, I don't pay much attention to the chatter in Tribes, but when I glance up at it, it invariably involves you stating something extremely offensive, trolling some poor sap with a short temper.

But you don't just use the chat, because that only works when you're not muted... No, you'll go as far as to use the 20-30 characters you get for a player name like a twitter feed, and tell a whole story about another player's sexuality by changing your name and reconnecting so many times, the chat window looks like your personal marque.

Hence why you are a meme, rather than just an awkward programmer that everyone pities.

But you already know that.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

lol ghost at 666 posts. sign.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

He's the unholy ghost, today.
Wise Man

Post by Wise Man »

Damn Perrin.... brutal xD

And for the record, the blonde did not get the joke. :(
DaRk

Post by DaRk »

Ghost wrote:The curse is broken.
Too bad this wasn't for e-fame points. I would downvote you back to 666. I got your back bro. :bgrin:

P.S. Crow, I suggest a new emoticon for Ghost.

DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

make gif for it and i add.
DaRk

Post by DaRk »

I made these ones. Not sure which color is best.