Wiped Out!

KILROY

Re: Wiped Out!

Post by KILROY »

That's pretty scary Perr, saying what you upload to the World Wide Web is safer than at your own house. Even You Tube and Facebook don't do backups. It's your responsibility to do that with their services. They only provide you with a history of what you have done.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Well, I've had quite a few hard drives fail, but my facebook photos and youtube videos have never disappeared due to hard drive failure. So I highly doubt that those websites are running on raid arrays or something.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

You know, that would be interesting to find out. I haven't found anything on Google or the affiliated companies that help support and host You Tube. What are they using to host You Tube, and the type of software they are using. All I know is my company has a bunch of extremely large (and multiple) fiber lines going to them to provide the sending and receiving of the bytes that are needed for communication.

EDIT: Added ( )
{LS}RePublic

Post by {LS}RePublic »

The Boloblur wrote:
perrinoia wrote: so I hope they continue to offer that for free, because I haven't backed that up, either.

The Windows 10 offer ends June 30th I believe
You know they will extend that. All that potential to log peoples use of their OS to make money. It pays for itself, no one should spend a dime on Windows 10 unless they removed all that privacy breaching shit.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Yeah, I wish they had a pro version without all that shit, for people like Killroy who are afraid to take off their aluminum foil hats.
{LS}RePublic

Post by {LS}RePublic »

perrinoia wrote:Yeah, I wish they had a pro version without all that shit, for people like Killroy who are afraid to take off their aluminum foil hats.
There's are tools out there to supposedly stop Windows 10's telemetry data anyhow.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

perrinoia wrote:Yeah, I wish they had a pro version without all that shit, for people like Killroy who are afraid to take off their aluminum foil hats.
ROFL......it's not that Perr, it's the associated license's that I carry that go against Windows 10 and what it stands for. Basically Windows 10 was created and setup so our government could keep track of threats, state side and abroad.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Yeah, but you can blacklist the addresses it reports to, this preventing any data-mining.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Possibly, but that would put me in a license agreement violation, and put me in a predicament that I would not be able to get out of.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

I see.